Solar energy has had a remarkable development in recent years, but in this article we will see the photovoltaic solar power advantages and disadvantages .
PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR ENERGY ADVANTAGES AND DISADVENTAGES
Photovoltaic solar energy despite having many advantages also has some disadvantages, they are minimal but they have some.
What is the photovoltaic energy ?
The concept of solar energy is based on capturing the energy emitted by the sun in the form of radiation, storing it in batteries and then being able to be consumed when we need it.
There are different technologies to achieve this goal, for example solar energy ends and photovoltaic solar energy, each of them through different mechanisms achieve the same goal, Transform the energy that delivers the sun in electrical energy.
In particular, photovoltaic solar energy consists of obtaining the radiation emitted by the sun through a
semiconductor device called a photovoltaic cell. Photovoltaic solar energy became the third most used renewable energy source in the world, the first and second place being occupied by hydroelectric power plants and wind energy.
Solar photovoltaic energy advantages : ¿ What are the advantages of photovoltaic solar energy?
- As it comes from a renewable energy source, its resources are unlimited.
- Its production does not produce any emission, that is to say, it is an energy very respectful with the environment.
- The operating costs are very low.
- Maintenance is simple and inexpensive.
- The modules have a lifespan of up to 20 years.
- Not only can it be integrated into the structures of new constructions, but also into existing ones.
- Modules of all sizes can be made.
- The transport of all the material is practical (this refers to the fact that unlike for example wind energy, where the transport of the material is complex due to size, the material used in photovoltaic energy is easier to transport ).
- The cost decreases as technology advances.
- It is a system of energy use suitable for areas where electricity does not reach.
- The photovoltaic panels are clean and silent, so they can be installed almost anywhere without causing any discomfort.
What are the disadvantages of photovoltaic solar energy?
- The installation costs are high so it requires a large initial investment.
- The places where there is greater solar radiation, are desert places and away from the cities.
- Large areas of land are required to collect large-scale solar energy.
- In terms of current technology, there is a lack of economical and reliable energy storage elements.