Solar panels year after year become more popular in homes around the world, this growing popularity is based on ecological awareness and saving money
10 ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SOLAR PANELS
Since the price of solar panels has decreased, more and more people choose to generate their own energy with solar panels. Not only can you save on your energy bill, but you can also earn money with the energy it generates.
In addition, green energy is naturally sustainable and very aware of the environment. The main disadvantage is the cost of purchasing the panels.
On this page you can read about the most important advantages and disadvantages of solar panels. Below is a summary: 10 advantages and 10 disadvantages of the zone panels.
Do you want to buy solar panels? Then read more information about buying solar panels on the page: buy solar panels (know what you should pay attention to!).
10 Advantages of solar panels.
- You save on your energy bill in an easy and clear way.
- You are aware of the environment, using green energy reduces your CO2 emissions. In addition, your solar energy is truly pure green energy.
- In the long term, solar panels generate money. Within 7-10 years, you can recover your investment and over a period of 25 years, it is even possible to recover your investment two or three times.
- It can even become an energy supplier if the energy it generates is more than the energy it uses. Not only will you recover the money from your energy company, but you can also sell your self-generated energy (read also: energy return ).
- You give yourself a little security because thanks to the solar panels, the increase in the prices of electricity no longer suffers.
- Solar panels last an average of 25 years. You do not have to worry about that during that period: they are safe, quiet and require little maintenance. In addition, the installation of the panels was also relatively easy and fast.
- If you want to sell your house, buying solar panels has made your home more attractive to potential buyers: the energy label is more favorable and the monthly costs are lower. But, of course, you can also move your solar panels along. In principle, no permits are required for the installation of solar panels.
- The solar energy you need is always available everywhere, which makes solar panels widely usable.
- It is more beneficial to invest in solar panels than to put your money in your savings account.
- The costs have fallen. Although there is no longer a subsidy available, it is still very interesting to invest in solar panels. On average, 13 panels (3250 kWh per year) cost 6500 euros, which you have earned in 7 to 10 years.
10 cons of solar panels
Below we will mention 10 disadvantages of: solar panels:
- Although the prices of solar panels continue to fall, for some the panels are still too expensive. In addition, a repayment period of around 7-10 years is often too long. Nor is it certain that the price of electricity that can be received by the excess energy generated will always remain the same.
- A solar panel provides relatively little energy. Therefore, for most households, energy will still have to be taken from an energy company. Therefore, also choose good quality solar panels. Poor quality panels rapidly decrease in efficiency.
- The sun is present everywhere, but to achieve maximum efficiency, the solar panels must be oriented at an angle of 36 degrees to the south. If that is not possible, the return falls pretty quickly.
- The storage of energy from the generated electricity is only possible through the use of expensive batteries.
- You must ensure that the panels remain free of, for example, snow or bird droppings. You should also make sure they are not in the shade too often. You may have to fall trees for this.
- With more than three solar panels, you need to process an additional group in your meter’s cabinet. On average, this adjustment costs € 400.00.
- Not everyone is delighted with the appearance of the panels.
- It is very possible that your insurance premium increases.
- No subsidy will be available in 2015. However, the prices of solar panels have dropped considerably.
- Nowadays, VAT must also be taken into account . Each owner of solar panels has to deal with this. Fortunately, if you meet the conditions, you can claim the tax. However, you must organize one and the other. One solution could be to outsource the paperwork to specialized companies.
Read more how solar panels work